Thursday, October 29, 2015

20th Birthday Celebrating!

I celebrated my 20th birthday on Tuesday (27th) but actually have been celebrating since last Thursday, the 22nd. I didn't intend on celebrating 5 days straight but hey something exciting happened everyday so I would call it a great few days :)

For weeks Austin has told me that he had a surprise getaway planned for my birthday and that I would have to be ready to leave by 10am on the 22nd, but whouldn't tell me where we were going or what we were doing (he did end up telling me the night before to make sure I packed everything). We ended up going to Galena! Back in March we took our first little trip together to Galena and since then I always told him that I wanted to go back in the fall to see all the trees changing colors so thats exactly what we did :) He even wrote up a cute little agenda for the trip 


On Thursday we headed up to Apple River Canyon State Park and went hiking for part of the day :) we brought a little picnic lunch and ate it along the way! The park was so so pretty and the trees were perfect! I'll insert some pictures below :)
This picture is my favorite one from the trip! 

 After hiking on Thursday we went and walked around downtown Galena for a bit before going to the hotel to get ready for dinner! We ended up going to Procentos Pizza for dinner which was SO SO GOOD. I had some alfredo pasta and Aust got a calazone and they were both delish, definietly will be heading abck there!

 The plans for Friday got changed because of rain :/ we ended up just heading home a little earlier and stopped in Rockford for some lunch!

Saturday was such an exciting day... MY BEST FRIEND GOT ENGAGED! 

I am so so incredibly happy and excited for them! Eeek! :)

Austin and I also spent our afternoon, well until I had to go to work, being festive and carved some pumpkins! Mainly just to get the seeds ;)
 Austin of course had to help me because it was taking me two hours to carve a pumpkin from a stencil, what can I say pumpkin carving isn't my specialty

Sunday morning we were up bright and early with my parents to run the Sycamore Pumpkin Run! It was my dad and Austin's first 10k race and they both killed it! We finished in an hour and five minutes. Well my dad ran ahead of us a little bit and ended a few minutes earlier but he came back and found us and ran across the finish line again hah. It is always so much easier to get through a race when you have people running with you :)
After the race we went out to lunch with my family then got ready and headed to Rockton to spend the rest of our night with Austin's family celebrating his sister, Emily's, birthday! It's always so much fun getting to spend time with them especially seeing little Brayden and Ella :)

Monday night we had Brianna and Joe over to celebrate my birthday and have a family dinner :) 

Tuesday was my actual birthday. I was treated to a facial first thing when I got up...best way to start the day! Then my mom and I headed to St. Charles and Geneva to do some shopping and get lunch! We got back in perfect time for me to head to work haha.

I had such a great birthday and so glad that I got to spend time with so many people that are so important to me! I got to catch up with a few people who had texted me to say happy birthday which was so nice! I am so lucky to have such a great family and boyfriend (and his family) to get to celebrate with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment